Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Grateful.

My name is Kate. I am one eternally grateful girl right now. I wrote a post last Sunday night, about my struggles. I let out all the dirty details that I rarely share with people. I was unsure of posting that blog, because I feared that people would not understand and judge me.

Boy, was I wrong.

All you have to do, is take a look at the comments I received on that post. Take a look at twitter, at Facebook. My e-mail inbox. I cried reading the comments, I cried just now replying to them all. I can't quite put into words how grateful I am. I can't seem to thank people enough - enough that I am satisfied with to do justice to the support you have all given to me. So many of you reached out. I know that i'm not alone. You all know the truth now, and that is a wonderful feeling. I feel like I have a weight off.

I'm still struggling. But I know that I am not alone. I'm still not taking my insulin properly or eating right or checking half as much as I should be. But every day that passes, I am feeling a little stronger, a little less afraid, and a lot less alone. I'm hoping that this relapse passes soon, because I do not feel well at all. I have signs all over my body that I am not healthy, from high blood sugars coursing through my veins. I'm still searching for my inner strength to get back on the DRehab horse again, and I feel that it is close. I know that once I find the strength to get back in the swing of things, and not be so afraid, I have a whole community out there to lean on when things get tough or scary.

I'm so glad that so many of you felt that my post helped people. That never even entered my mind. The power of words, the power of community, never ceases to amaze me. My heart is so filled with love and gratefullness for you all right now. (Is that even a word?) I don't care, I love you all so much.

I still feel I haven't thanked everybody enough. I want you all to know how grateful I am and how much all your words and support means to me. Outside of the DOC, I don't have a great Diabetes support network. People don't get it in my RL like you all do. I don't know where I would be without the DOC today and it's something that I don't like to think about a lot.

You all saved me. Know that you make a difference. Please know that.

5 comments:

  1. You're not alone, Kate. That's a lesson that can't be emphasized enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mike. Nobody is alone here.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Mike. Nobody is alone here.

      Delete
  2. I echo Mike. :-)
    And it was because of your post, I'm trying to get back in the swing of better d-management too. We can do this together, chick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah. We so can. Hand in hand. :)

      Delete